How can I change my personal information?

There are different ways you can change your information depending on the product you hold and the information you'd like to update.

You can use our online request form or take a look at the options below. If you're a Retiready customer please take a look at this frequently asked question.

How can I confirm what kind of policy I have?

You'll find your plan number and policy type on your annual statement or your protection policy schedule.

  • Aegon Retirement Choices and One Retirement have either an 8-digit plan number starting with a 7, or a 6 or 8-digit investor number starting with a 2.
  • Pension and bond customers have a 7-digit plan number, some plan numbers are prefixed with 'UP'.
  • Protection policies will start with the prefix ‘L0’

Aegon Retirement Choices and One Retirement

Simply complete a Change of investor details form (PDF - 88kb)(Opens new window) and return this to us.

Protection customers

Please send us the original certificate or a certified true copy showing your name change and we’ll update our records. Who can certify a document and how do they do it?(Opens new window)

For customers with a seven digit plan number

Name changes

Please write to us confirming your policy number, address and the name currently registered on the policy. You should make sure the instruction is signed by all policyholder(s) and/or all trustees.

Please include your original marriage certificate. We'll return the original document to you as soon as we can.

You can send a certified copy of the:

  • Deed poll
  • Decree absolute of divorce
  • Civil partnership certificate

Please contact us(Opens new window) if you don’t have one of the above documents. Who can certify a document and how do they do it?(Opens new window)

Address and contact details

You can update these using our online request form(Opens new window).

Alternatively you can contact us, unfortunately we can’t accept changes by email. Please make sure the instruction is signed by all policyholder(s) and/or all trustees. We might ask you to send us evidence of your new address.

Before making any changes to your policy, you should be comfortable with your decisions. If you’re unsure, you should get financial advice, which there may be a charge for.

Pension policies (excludes Aegon Retirement Choices and One Retirement)

Complete the plan alteration form(Opens new window) if you want to:

  • restart your contributions;
  • change your payment frequency;
  • change your plan from a company pension to an individual pension, or
  • change your employment or personal status (for example starting full-time education or carer responsibilities).

Aegon Retirement Choices and One Retirement

Please select the appropriate form(Opens new window) (by choosing ‘Aegon Retirement Choices’ in the ‘product type’ dropdown) or by contacting your adviser.

Protection policies

If you’d like to make changes to your policy please contact us(Opens new window). You’ll only have to tell us about a change to your employment status if your policy started before 14 October 2001. If it started after this time you don’t need to tell us. If your policy includes income protection or waiver of premium, we'll take your occupation into account when you make a claim.

Bank account changes

Please contact us to let us know if you've changed your bank details and would like to instruct us to pay your income to your new bank account. We'll need the instruction to be signed by all policyholder(s) and/or trustees and may ask you to provide evidence of the new bank account.

Direct debit changes

If you're the account holder, you can contact us to make changes to any existing direct debits you've set up.

Protection customers - If your payments are outstanding for 30 days or more, your policy will stop. If you miss a payment, you can call us to reinstate your Direct Debit and we’ll collect the outstanding payment. Or you can send us a cheque made payable to Aegon.