The Retiready Pension
Right now, one in seven people aged 55-65 are approaching retirement without a private or workplace pension*.
This means 1.2** million people are approaching retirement age with nothing to supplement their state pension. If you think this is you, don't worry. To help, Retiready cuts through the jargon and makes it easy for everyone to take control and shape their own future.
Benefits of the Retiready pension
- You're in control, with guidance when you need it
- Simple investment choice
- Clear charges
- You can transfer in any existing pension funds
- Tax relief on your contributions
(For example, for every £80 you pay, tax relief boosts the amount invested to £100. the value of any tax relief depends on your individual circumstances.)
- Up to 25% tax free cash option when you retire
Things to think about
- The value of an investment can fall as well as rise and isn’t guaranteed. You could get back less than you invest.
- Transferring your pension may not be the best option for you, you should compare the benefits from your current pension with the estimated benefits of your new pension, including any guarantees and penalties. If you're unsure whether this is right for you or need advice, please speak to a financial adviser.
- The value of any tax relief depends on your individual circumstances.
- This information is based on our understanding of current, taxation law and HMRC practice, which may change.
A good product for anyone looking for a personal pension.
Michael, Retiready customer
Why is a Retiready Pension different?
Your investment options
We're flexible. You can simply make one-off payments, monthly contributions and/or transfer funds in from another registered pension fund.
- No set-up or transfer fee.
- A maximum service charge (Opens new window) of 0.5% a year depending on the value of your fund.
- The investment charge depends on the fund you’re invested in. You can find out the investment charge for your fund on our fund factsheets (Opens new window).
- 0.25% of any investment made goes into a cash facility within your Retiready Pension to cover the service charges. We'll pay interest (Opens new window) on this amount.
These charges may vary in future.
*Aegon Readiness Report April 2017
**Population Estimates for UK, England and Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland: table MYE2 (population aged 55-65 totals 8,153,213 – 15% = 1,222,982)