Who can certify a document and how do they do it?Fri Dec 05 16:36:00 GMT 2014
You can make changes to your account by contacting us. In some cases you may need to send us an original or certified copy of a document as well.
Copies of documents can be certified by one of the following people:
- doctors / dentists;
- ministers of religion;
- social workers;
- credit union employees;
- Post Office official (through the post office’s certification service);
- bank / building society employees;
- barristers / solicitors / paralegals;
- financial advisers;
- justice of the peace;
- Member of Parliament, or
- serving police officer.
The person certifying your document should write the following on the copy document:
- their name in block capitals;
- the name of the company they work for and their occupation;
- the statement 'I certify this to be a true likeness of the original', and
- their signature and date.
Before making any changes to your policy you may want to get financial advice.