You can choose from six Select Portfolios, each of which is designed to match a different risk preference. Click on the fund names to find out more about each fund.
Generally, you'd expect higher risk funds to return more over the longer term than lower risk funds, but there's no guarantee of this and there's a greater chance they could lose money, particularly over shorter time periods.
The Select Portfolios aim to deliver solid returns while making it easy to save in a pension.
Benefits of Select Portfolios:
- Let you choose the balance of risk and long-term growth potential that’s right for you
- Managed on your behalf – we monitor the portfolios and change them if needed
- Contain a blend of funds that we and Morningstar* believe to be the best in their sectors
- Are backed by our Funds Promise, which means their performance is monitored by our Fund Governance Group
There's no guarantee the funds will meet their objectives. Their value can go down as well as up and isn't guaranteed. You could get back less than you invested. Before making any decision to invest in a particular fund, you should read the fund factsheets for full details on the fund, including risks and charges, which you can find by clicking on the fund names under the 'Select range' tab above.
How the Select Portfolios work
We monitor risks at every stage of the investment process. For example, we assess how market factors, such as interest rate changes, government spending and trade disputes, might impact the portfolios over the long term. We then make adjustments to the asset allocation – the mix of equities (shares), bonds and cash – with the aim of making sure each portfolio keeps to its risk level.
Active asset allocation
Asset allocation is key, not just to managing risk, but for the growth potential of each portfolio. We work with award-winning investment specialists Morningstar* to create the optimal strategic asset mix for each target risk level.
Actively managed components
With the aim of maximising performance, each portfolio contains funds selected in conjunction with Morningstar. These funds are mostly actively managed, which means that they hold only the investments that their managers think will perform the best.
Monitoring and rebalancing
Because the portfolios are backed by our Funds Promise, we check them regularly to see if they're meeting their objectives. That means:
- We make asset allocation changes based on recommendations from Morningstar.
- We check to see whether the funds the portfolios invest in, as well as the overall portfolios, are performing as expected.
- We change the mix, remove or add funds if they're not.
*"Morningstar" refers to the Morningstar Investment Management Group, which includes Morningstar Investment Management Europe Limited, an FCA regulated firm, which is the entity providing the advice.