The Aegon Workplace Default fund is our default fund for Workplace Aegon Retirement Choices (ARC) schemes. It's designed for a membership that will largely prefer to remain invested at retirement and take advantage of Pensions Freedoms flexibility, such as flexi-access drawdown.
This simple video explains how the default fund works.
Our chosen default is designed for employers who believe that most of their employees will stay invested at retirement, but may follow differing retirement patterns.
Benefits of Aegon Workplace Default:
- Single solution to suit a broad range of pension scheme members.
- Governed by Aegon.
- Over 70%* invested in funds taking environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors into account for growth stage investors, as part of our ongoing commitment to reaching net zero by 2050.
- Combination of active asset allocation strategy, using underlying passive components to keep costs low.
- Automatically moves into investments generally considered to be lower risk as employees approach their selected retirement age.
- Aims for growth above inflation at retirement, to give members time to consider their retirement options.
There’s no guarantee the fund will meet its objectives. The value of an investment, and any income taken from it, can fall as well as rise and isn’t guaranteed. The final value of a scheme member's pension pot when they come to take benefits may be less than has been paid in. Please see the fund factsheet for more information and the fund specific risks.