Relevant Life and executive income protection
A competitive benefits package
For financial advisers only
We can help you design competitive employee benefits packages for your clients with small businesses who don’t have the scale to qualify for group risk schemes.
Our competitive Relevant Life policy lets employers provide tax-efficient(Opens new window) individual death-in-service benefits for employees (including employed directors).
As part of an overall employee benefits package, executive income protection can work well alongside Relevant Life, as the policy payments for both policies aren't generally treated as P11D benefits. This information is based on our understanding of current legislation, taxation law and HM Revenue & Customs practice.
With executive income protection, employers can continue paying a salary to ill or injured employees while they're unable to work. This can be a valuable addition, as statistically employees are more likely to be unable to work due to illness or injury, rather than die.
You can apply for Relevant Life and executive income protection together in a single online application - letting your clients benefit from our multi-policy discount.
- We offer an immediate cover facility, subject to underwriting, providing up to £3.5 million cover.
- We automatically include up to 90 days’ accidental death benefit when our immediate cover facility isn’t in use.
- We offer a range of guaranteed insurability options, so your clients can increase their benefit amount without providing more medical evidence at certain lifestyle events.
- We offer a signature-free Relevant Life trust for online applications – making it quicker and easier to place your clients’ policy in trust.
- Your clients can choose whether to be a corporate trustee or not, as we understand it’s not always administratively appropriate, depending on the structure of the company.
- Our Relevant Life policy is portable when using either our signature-free trust or paper trust – giving the insured person various options when they move jobs.
Find out more about our Relevant Life policy, including what a relevant life policy is and who it’s suitable for, in our Relevant Life at a glance(Opens new window) leaflet.
- We can provide cover for employees (including employed directors) of up to £160,000 a year.
- A choice of benefit payment periods - either two years or full term to the benefit end date.
- We’ll help get employees back to work as quickly as possible, by offering proportionate and rehabilitation benefit – paying a reduced claim benefit while the employee gradually returns to work.
- As we pay the claim proceeds direct to the employer to pay to the insured person via PAYE, they’re classed as net relevant earnings – so as well as including cover for their employer pension contributions, the insured person could also continue to make personal contributions to their pension if they can afford to.
Find out more in our Executive income protection at a glance factsheet, and see how it compares to personal income protection in our Executive income protection – financial security for your clients(Opens new window) case study.
More than financial support
With both our Relevant Life and executive income protection policies, both your clients and their employee (insured person) will have access to Policy Plus, our range of support services.
Log in to our secure online services to apply.
Protection document library
All the forms and documents you’ll need when placing protection business with us.