For intermediaries only
Taking on board your feedback, we've made improvements to enhance your overall experience of the platform and make it easier to do business - you can find out what's changed below.
You've told us how important it is to offer flexibility to your clients when they take their retirement income. Taking on board your feedback, we've enhanced drawdown-pro on ARC and One Retirement with drip-feed drawdown - an automated, tax-efficient way for your clients to take their pension income.
Maximising pension income
Our new case study shows how drip-feed drawdown can help your clients maximise their pension income. You can also use our client-support material to help your clients understand their options:
- Using flexi-access drawdown to take your pension benefits
- Planning for your future retirement - understanding your options
We also have a range of retirement income solutions, designed to make investing in retirement easier.
The value of an investment and any income your client takes from it can fall as well as rise and isn't guaranteed. Your client could get back less than they invest.
Setting up drip-feed drawdown
It's easy to set up a drip-feed drawdown request online using the drawdown-pro transaction. Before starting, you'll need to provide your client with an illustration that accurately reflects their circumstances. Use our questions and answers and step-by-step guides to get started:
We've enhanced our CGT tool with a scenario planner, making it even easier to manage your ARC clients' CGT liabilities. You can use the new planner to check the CGT impact before placing a trade - the manual and automated 'what if' scenarios will help to visualise your clients' realised and unrealised positions.
We've changed the way we sell your clients' investments to pay for fees, charges and regular income and withdrawals on ARC and One Retirement. If the value of the sale required to meet the payment out is 0.25% or more of the value of the product wrapper we'll now sell the investments proportionately across the product wrapper, meaning your client's investment allocation won't change.
You can read more about the change, including examples of how it works in practice, in our guide to Managing cash on ARC and One Retirement.
We’re pleased to announce the launch of the first Aegon OEICs available to ARC investors. The Risk-Managed Portfolios, which have a 5 Diamond Rating by Defaqto, offer a complete multi-asset solution for a fixed OCF of 0.25%. Focused on value, each fund comes with expert asset allocation, risk-management and robust governance built in. The Risk-Managed Portfolios are also available in an insured pension wrapper in our One Retirement fund range.Find out more about our Risk-Managed Portfolios
We've given our key trading journeys an update, making it much easier for you to find and select assets. We've also removed the need to use Adobe Flash Player, so you can use any web browser to navigate the platform. You can find out more about the changes below.
- Streamlined asset selector - we've integrated the asset selector into our key trading journeys - new business, top up and switch. You can now also search by name, sedol, ISIN or Citicode, making it much easier to find and select assets. You can see an overview of the new navigation in this short film.
- New portfolio breakdown report - find details of your client's funds, associated charges and a weighted portfolio cost for the whole portfolio in our new report - available in the new business and top-up journeys.
- Portfolio performance review (PPR) improvements - keeping track of your client's portfolio is even more important during volatile market conditions, so the reports now show performance over a longer time period - helping with client reviews.
- New fund research centre - browse and compare the range of investments on offer, view fund information and monitor performance.
You can read all about the improvements in our Transforming our key trading journeys guide.
We've also made some smaller enhancements to improve and streamline the overall functionality of ARC and One Retirement:
- Adobe Flash Player - we've removed the need to use Adobe Flash Player, so you can use any web browser to navigate the platform.
- Logging in to your account - when you're using the platform you won't need to log back in - you'll now only need to log back in to your account if you've been inactive for 30 minutes.
- Source of wealth - you can now add your client's source of wealth details online.
- Online documents - you and your clients can now access their statements and tax vouchers in the online document library.
- Corporate and trustee applications – we know how complex it can be to set up investments for UK based pension schemes, trusts, registered charities and companies. Instead of completing the application online you should now complete our application form. We’ve put together a guide to make the process as clear and simple as possible for you and your clients.
- Removal of ETF aggregated stockbroker fee - we’ve removed the aggregated stockbroker fee on ARC. This means we no longer charge for any trades into ETFs for either purchase, sales or rebalances.