Platform update 2020
For intermediaries only
We've caught up with Ronnie Taylor in our winter platform update film to reflect on the key deliveries this year. Ronnie also explores the challenges advisers have faced and the ways in which we've been working in partnership, to help support your business, in these challenging times.
Taking on board your feedback, we've made improvements to enhance your overall experience of the platform and make it easier to do business - you can find out what's changed below.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to get in touch with your usual Aegon contact.
We've enhanced our CGT tool with a scenario planner, making it even easier to manage your ARC clients' CGT liabilities. You can use the new planner to check the CGT impact before placing a trade - the manual and automated 'what if' scenarios will help to visualise your clients' realised and unrealised positions.
We've changed the way we sell your clients' investments to pay for fees, charges and regular income and withdrawals on ARC and One Retirement. If the value of the sale required to meet the payment out is 0.25% or more of the value of the product wrapper we'll now sell the investments proportionately across the product wrapper, meaning your client's investment allocation won't change.
You can read more about the change, including examples of how it works in practice, in our guide to Managing cash on ARC and One Retirement.
We’re pleased to announce the launch of the first Aegon OEICs available to ARC investors. The Risk-Managed Portfolios, which have a 5 Diamond Rating by Defaqto, offer a complete multi-asset solution for a fixed OCF of 0.25%. Focused on value, each fund comes with expert asset allocation, risk-management and robust governance built in. The Risk-Managed Portfolios are also available in an insured pension wrapper in our One Retirement fund range.Find out more about our Risk-Managed Portfolios
We've given our key trading journeys an update, making it much easier for you to find and select assets. We've also removed the need to use Adobe Flash Player, so you can use any web browser to navigate the platform. You can find out more about the changes below.
- Streamlined asset selector - we've integrated the asset selector into our key trading journeys - new business, top up and switch. You can now also search by name, sedol, ISIN or Citicode, making it much easier to find and select assets. You can see an overview of the new navigation in this short film.
- New portfolio breakdown report - find details of your client's funds, associated charges and a weighted portfolio cost for the whole portfolio in our new report - available in the new business and top-up journeys.
- Portfolio performance review (PPR) improvements - keeping track of your client's portfolio is even more important during volatile market conditions, so the reports now show performance over a longer time period - helping with client reviews.
- New fund research centre - browse and compare the range of investments on offer, view fund information and monitor performance.
You can read all about the improvements in our Transforming our key trading journeys guide.
We've also made some smaller enhancements to improve and streamline the overall functionality of ARC and One Retirement:
- Adobe Flash Player - we've removed the need to use Adobe Flash Player, so you can use any web browser to navigate the platform.
- Logging in to your account - when you're using the platform you won't need to log back in - you'll now only need to log back in to your account if you've been inactive for 30 minutes.
- Source of wealth - you can now add your client's source of wealth details online.
- Online documents - you and your clients can now access their statements and tax vouchers in the online document library.
- Corporate and trustee applications – we know how complex it can be to set up investments for UK based pension schemes, trusts, registered charities and companies. Instead of completing the application online you should now complete our application form. We’ve put together a guide to make the process as clear and simple as possible for you and your clients.
- Removal of ETF aggregated stockbroker fee - we’ve removed the aggregated stockbroker fee on ARC. This means we no longer charge for any trades into ETFs for either purchase, sales or rebalances.