Headquartered in Edinburgh, Scotland, where we began over 185 years ago as Scottish Equitable, Aegon UK now has over 2,000 employees, each and every one of them committed to helping people take responsibility for their financial future.
Aegon UK is led by Adrian Grace, Chief Executive, and a team of well-respected industry figures with wide-ranging expertise and years of financial experience.
Adrian is responsible for driving the business forward, putting customers at the heart of everything Aegon does and transforming the business with propositions that meet customers’ needs. He also works closely with shareholder, Aegon NV, to ensure that strategy in the UK supports the ambitions of the global company and with regulators, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and Prudential Regulatory Authority (PRA), to ensure Aegon has the right governance and controls in place to operate in the right way.
Adrian joined Aegon UK in 2009, as group business development director, and became CEO on 4th April 2011.
Before moving to Aegon UK, Adrian was managing director of commercial within Corporate Division at HBOS; a role he held since 2009. His career began at Leeds Permanent Building Society in 1979, before moving to Mercantile Credit in 1984, and again to Sage Group PLC as managing director of the Small Business Division in 2001. In 2004 Barclays Insurance asked Adrian to join them as chief executive.
Adrian has been a member of the Global Management Board for Aegon N.V. since February 2012 and is also a non-executive director of Scottish Financial Enterprise (SFE).
- 2014: appointed Chief Risk Officer
- 2011: appointed Chief Actuary
- 2009: appointed Solvency II Director, Lloyds Banking Group
- 2003: appointed Head of Actuarial Operations, Scottish Widows
- 2003: appointed Chair of Stevenson College Edinburgh, Chair of the Edinburgh Colleges Partnership Board
- 2000: appointed to Senior Manager level in Scottish Widows
- 1992: Joined Scottish Widows as an Actuarial Trainee
Mark Till - Chief Distribution and Marketing Officer(Expand content) (Minimise content) (Content loading)
Mark has a broad commercial role in the business and is responsible for:
- Distribution of Aegon’s products and platform services through Distributors, Advisers, EBC’s and directly to consumers who approach Aegon.
- Cross sales and customer lifecycle management for all existing customers – growing the value of Distributers, Advisers and EBC’s business, and the wealth of their customers.
- Increasing customer and asset retention.
- Digital service innovation and management – growing the range and scope of the digital services Distributors, Advisers, EBC’s and customers can use to build their business/wealth.
- Managing service improvement for distributers, advisers, employers and customers.
- Running a large migration project to bring 1m customers with £20bn of investments in to a modern, digital pension.
- Managing marketing, product, proposition, media and public affairs for Aegon in the UK.
Prior to joining Aegon, Mark was Head of Personal Investing for Fidelity where he pioneered Guidance as an alternative for investors who felt “execution only” was too scary and Advice too expensive. Mark grew AUA from £6bn to £12bn over the 3 years he was there. He joined Fidelity from Standard Life where he was the Head of Direct (running advised & non-advised distribution) and Head of UK Marketing. He worked for Barclays for 22 years in Banking, Sales and Marketing roles.
Richard Denning joined Aegon in April 2013, and is responsible for Customer Services, IT and developing our platform to support the digital transformation agenda we have.
He has spent his entire career in Financial Services for businesses such as Prudential and Old Mutual. His focus for the last 16 years has been on platforms, where he has held a number of senior executive positions. Richard was instrumental in the building of the Aegon platform.
Richard is also on the board of Origo, which Aegon has a shareholding in.