Headquartered in Edinburgh, Scotland, where we began over 185 years ago as Scottish Equitable, Aegon UK now has over 3,400 employees, each and every one of them committed to helping people take responsibility for their financial future.
Aegon UK is led by Adrian Grace, Chief Executive, and a team of well-respected industry figures with wide-ranging expertise and years of financial experience.
Adrian is responsible for driving the business forward, putting customers at the heart of everything Aegon does and transforming the business with propositions that meet customers’ needs. He also works closely with shareholder, Aegon NV, to make sure that strategy in the UK supports the ambitions of the global company and with regulators, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and Prudential Regulatory Authority (PRA), to make sure Aegon has the right governance and controls in place to operate in the right way.
Adrian joined Aegon UK in 2009, as group business development director, and became CEO on 4th April 2011.
Before moving to Aegon UK, Adrian was managing director of commercial within Corporate Division at HBOS; a role he held since 2009. His career began at Leeds Permanent Building Society in 1979, before moving to Mercantile Credit in 1984, and again to Sage Group PLC as managing director of the Small Business Division in 2001. In 2004 Barclays Insurance asked Adrian to join them as chief executive.
Adrian has been a member of the Global Management Board for Aegon N.V. since February 2012 and is also a non-executive director of Scottish Financial Enterprise (SFE).
Richard Denning joined Aegon in April 2013 as Chief Operating Officer.
He is responsible for:
- Customer Services
- Aegon’s platform development
He has spent his entire career in financial services for businesses such as Prudential and Old Mutual. His focus for the last 16 years has been on platforms, where he has held a number of senior executive positions. He was instrumental in the building of the Aegon platform.
Richard is also on the board of Origo, which Aegon has a shareholding in.
Jim joined Aegon in 2011 as Chief Actuary and became Chief Risk Officer in 2014. Before this he was Solvency II Director at Lloyds Banking Group for two years.
Jim is responsible for:
- Leading an effective risk management framework across Aegon UK, and
- Ensuring that risk is well managed using the set appetite to allow the business to grow in a well-controlled way
Jim has been in the insurance industry since training as an actuary at Scottish Widows in 1992. He held several senior actuarial roles at Scottish Widows leading him to become Head of Actuarial Operations in 2003.
Stephen was appointed Chief Financial Officer in October 2016, a role he had held on an interim basis from 1 August.
Stephen is responsible for:
- leading the development of the medium and long term financial strategy to meet shareholder expectations;
- contributing to the wider Aegon UK strategy, direction and performance as well as providing executive leadership and direction for the Finance function, and
- managing capital requirements to make sure customers are protected, regulatory and group requirements are met
Stephen joined Aegon in 2014 from Lloyds Banking Group where he was Chief Actuary. He has been in the insurance industry since graduating from university in 1994 - spending most of his time before Lloyds in senior finance and actuarial roles at Phoenix Life Group.
Gill leads the Aegon Human Resources (HR) function and works in partnership with the business to deliver an organisation wide approach to our people strategy and approach.
Gill is responsible for:
- delivering HR services across the Aegon UK business, including a shared service to Existing Business, Digital Solutions, Kames and AGT UK, with oversight for Aegon Ireland;
- making sure that the organisational design, compensation framework, employee relations climate, talent and development offering and people policy and practice enable Aegon to achieve its ambitions;
- shaping Aegon Global HR initiatives and making sure UK and Global practice are aligned, and
- contributing to the sustainability and profitability of Aegon through the appropriate resourcing, development and reward of its people.
Before becoming HR Director in 2010, Gill worked in Customer Service, Change Management and Process Excellence.
Mark Till - Chief Distribution and Marketing Officer(Expand content) (Minimise content) (Content loading)
Mark has a broad commercial role in the business and is responsible for:
- distribution of Aegon’s products and platform services through advisers, employee benefit consultants (EBCs) and other intermediaries;
- digital service innovation and management – growing the range and scope of the digital services distributors, advisers, intermediaries, EBCs and customers can use to build their business/wealth;
- managing marketing, product, proposition, media and public affairs for Aegon in the UK, and
- improving services for distributors, advisers, intermediaries, employers and customers
Before joining Aegon, Mark was Head of Personal Investing for Fidelity. He joined Fidelity from Standard Life where he was Head of UK Marketing. Before this he worked for Barclays for 22 years in Banking, Sales and Marketing roles.