Can I transfer other pensions into my Aegon plan?29 January 2015
Yes, you can transfer another pension to your existing pension plan. You should be aware that some restrictions may apply.
Before you transfer your pension, we recommend talking to a financial adviser as there are a number of important factors to consider. For example you should:
- get a transfer value from your previous pension plan
- ask your new pension provider for an estimate of the pension you can expect from that transfer value
- ask your financial adviser to prepare a transfer value analysis
- compare the benefits available from your old plan with the estimated benefits of your new plan. You need to pay special attention to:
- any guarantees you’re giving up
- any benefits you’re giving up
- any penalties for transferring
You should be comfortable with the investment choices that you make as you may lose features, protections, guarantees or other benefits when you transfer. If you’re not sure, you should get financial advice - there may be a charge for this.
If you're uncertain about the best option for you, a financial adviser will be able to help. To find a financial adviser in your area please visit www.unbiased.co.uk(Opens new window)