Will my occupation affect whether I'm suitable for Simply Life?15 February 2016
Most occupations won't affect the suitability of Simply Life. For certain hazardous occupations, such as those working at heights, we'll apply a rating of £1 or £2 a year for every thousand pounds of sum assured.
Simply Life isn't suitable for certain hazardous occupations which need manual underwriting. Unsuitable occupations include, but aren't limited to:
- armed forces personnel;
- occupations involving flying;
- asbestos-related occupations;
- merchant navy personnel;
- mining/quarrying occupations;
- fishing industry personnel;
- occupations involving diving; or
- certain professional sports persons.
You can find more information in our Occupation database(Opens new window).