I have raised cholesterol. Would I be suitable for Simply Life?15 February 2016
If you have raised cholesterol and haven't smoked or used any nicotine products, such as gum or patches in the last 12 months, we'll apply a rating of +25%.
If you have raised cholesterol and use nicotine products or smoke up to 20 cigarettes or cigars a day, we'll apply a rating of +50%.
Simply Life isn’t suitable if you:
- are under 35 years old and have raised cholesterol;
- have ever had any circulatory problems, heart attack or stroke;
- have ever had diabetes or any kidney problems, for example protein in your urine;
- are awaiting any investigations or hospital referral for your condition, other than further cholesterol readings;
- have been diagnosed with familial hypercholesterolaemia; or
- have raised cholesterol and smoke more than 20 cigarettes or cigars a day.