I have raised cholesterol. Would I be suitable for Simply Life?Mon Feb 15 17:38:00 GMT 2016
If you have raised cholesterol and haven't smoked or used any nicotine products, such as gum or patches in the last 12 months, we'll apply a rating of +25%.
If you have raised cholesterol and use nicotine products or smoke up to 20 cigarettes or cigars a day, we'll apply a rating of +50%.
Simply Life isn’t suitable if you:
- are under 35 years old and have raised cholesterol;
- have ever had any circulatory problems, heart attack or stroke;
- have ever had diabetes or any kidney problems, for example protein in your urine;
- are awaiting any investigations or hospital referral for your condition, other than further cholesterol readings;
- have been diagnosed with familial hypercholesterolaemia; or
- have raised cholesterol and smoke more than 20 cigarettes or cigars a day.