I have raised blood pressure. Would I be suitable for Simply Life?02 December 2014
If you have raised blood pressure and haven't smoked or used any nicotine products, such as gum or patches, in the last 12 months, we'll apply a rating of +25%.
If you have raised blood pressure and use any nicotine products or smoke up to 20 cigarettes or cigars a day, we'll apply a rating of +50%.
Simply Life isn't suitable if you:
- are under 35 years old and have raised blood pressure
- have been diagnosed with raised blood pressure in the last 12 months
- take three or more kinds of treatment
- have kidney problems, for example protein in your urine
- have experienced any symptoms or side-effects from your raised blood pressure, such as dizziness or headaches
- have had any circulatory or heart problems
- have ever not taken, or stopped, your treatment without your doctor’s approval
- have had your treatment changed, or have been referred for investigation, other than a regular follow-up, within the last six months
- last had your blood pressure checked by a medical professional more than 12 months ago
- have raised blood pressure and smoke more than 20 cigarettes or cigars a day