Pension investments

To help you get the pension that’s right for you, we’ve created five options; each designed to match a different risk level. You can work out your risk level, from 1-5, by filling in our risk assessment questionnaire.

If you change your mind later and want to switch from one fund to another, you can.

Choose a fund

Click on the numbers below to find out more about the funds.

About Retiready Stability

This fund is different from Retiready Solutions  2 to 5. It manages risk in a completely different way.

Retiready Stability matches risk level 1 and is designed for those whose main worry is losing money and who prefer to see slow, yet steady, growth with not too many losses, even if inflation reduces the spending power of their savings over time. It may suit those nearing retirement who want to preserve the pension pot they’ve built up over the years.

It aims to deliver positive returns in excess of a bank deposit account over the medium to long term by investing in a wide variety of investments from all over the world, and in different funds, so you’re not reliant on the success of just one manager or type of investment.

Even if there’s a sudden fall in markets, we wouldn’t expect this fund to fall by more than 5%, although we can’t guarantee this. To help it achieve this, the fund uses a type of investment called derivatives, with the aim of reducing risk and generating positive returns over the medium to long term.

The Retiready Stability fund is only available for pension investors.

About Retiready Solution 2

This fund matches our risk level 2 and is designed for investors who are worried about losing money, but realise they may have to take some risks with their savings to stay ahead of rising prices.

It aims to grow your savings by investing around 40% in a mix of less risky assets, like bonds and property, while the other 60% (roughly) is invested in riskier assets, such as equities (shares) including some in emerging markets equities.

This fund has an added safeguard that moves some money out of riskier investments into safer ones when things get too risky.

Retiready Solution Fund 2 is an Aegon insured fund, which invests in the BlackRock Volatility Strategy I fund. BlackRock, one of the world’s biggest fund managers, manages the fund for us. 

About Retiready Solution 3

This fund matches our risk level 3 and is designed for people who take a balanced view of risk and are prepared to take some risks in the hope that long-term returns will outstrip any short-term losses.

It aims to grow investors’ savings by investing around 30% in a mix of less risky assets, like bonds and property, with around 70% invested in riskier assets, such as equities (shares) including some in emerging markets equities.

This fund has an added safeguard that moves some money out of riskier investments into safer ones when things get too risky.

Retiready Solution 3 is an Aegon insured fund which invests in the BlackRock Volatility Strategy II fund. BlackRock, one of the world’s biggest fund managers, manages the fund for us. 

About Retiready Solution 4

This fund matches risk level 4 and is designed for people who are less concerned about losing money (even if it’s quite a bit) in the short term than giving their savings the best chance to grow over the long term.

It aims to grow your savings by investing around 20% in a mix of less risky assets, like bonds and property, with around 80% invested in riskier assets, such as equities (shares) including some in emerging markets equities. This fund has an added safeguard that moves some money out of riskier investments into safer ones when things get too risky.

Retiready Solution 4 is an Aegon insured fund, which invests in the BlackRock Volatility Strategy III fund. BlackRock, one of the world’s biggest fund managers, manages the fund for us.

About Retiready Solution 5

This fund matches risk level 5 and is designed for people who are willing to take significant investment risk and prioritise growing their savings over protecting their capital.

It aims to grow your savings by investing around 10% in a mix of less risky assets, like bonds and property, with around 90% invested in riskier assets, such as equities (shares) including some in emerging markets equities.

This fund has an added safeguard that moves some money out of riskier investments into safer ones when things get too risky.

Retiready Solution 5 is an Aegon insured fund, which invests in the BlackRock Volatility Strategy IV fund. BlackRock, one of the world’s biggest fund managers, manages the fund for us.

There’s no guarantee the fund objectives will be met. The value of these investments can go down as well as up and you may get back less than you invested.

Your investment choices

Find out about your investment choices here

Advised products

Find out about our advised products here