If your annuity has transferred to Rothesay Life Plc.
We agreed to sell and transfer a significant part of our annuity business to Rothesay Life plc (Rothesay). The High Court approved the transfer of annuity business from Scottish Equitable plc to Rothesay Life plc on 15 June 2017 and in accordance with the terms of the Scheme, the policies transferred to Rothesay Life plc on 30 June 2017 (Transfer Date).
The transfer will not affect the way in which your policy will be administered, although provision of the administration services has moved from Scottish Equitable to Rothesay Life’s administration teams.
Rothesay Life plc have now written to all transferred policyholders with new contact details and if you have any questions (including as to whether you have received their welcome letter) relating to your annuity then please contact Rothesay directly.
If your annuity is in payment
Phone: 0333 222 5662
Calling from abroad: (+44) 1325 347142
PO Box 406,
If your annuity is not yet in payment
Phone: 0131 456 6979
Calling from abroad: +44(0) 131 456 firstname.lastname@example.org (opens in new window)
There will be no change to your policy Terms and Conditions as a result of the transfer.
This Notice does not apply to policyholders proposed to transfer to Legal and General Assurance Society Limited, who will be similarly contacted closer to their transfer date of 22 September 2017.
UK documents for those transferring to Rothesay Life Plc
- Legal notice – the statutory notice of intent to transfer
- Summary of the Scheme – summarised key details of the proposed transfer (also applies to Jersey and Guernsey policyholders)
- Full Scheme - full details of the proposed transfer (also applies to Jersey and Guernsey policyholders)
- Summary of the Independent Expert's report - summarised key details (also applies to Jersey and Guernsey policyholders)
- Independent Expert’s report – the Independent Expert’s view of how customers will be affected (also applies to Jersey and Guernsey policyholders)
- Supplementary Independent Expert’s report – the Supplementary Report of the Independent Expert. Also applies to Jersey and Guernsey policyholders.
- Scottish Equitable plc Chief Actuary’s report – the Chief Actuary’s view of how customers will be affected
- The Supplementary Report of the Chief Actuary of SEplc - (also applies to Jersey and Guernsey policyholders)
- Scottish Equitable plc With-Profits Actuary's report - the With-Profits Actuary's view of how customers will be affected
- The Supplementary Report of the With Profits Actuary of SEplc - (also applies to Jersey and Guernsey policyholders)
- Amended scheme - reflecting changes to the full scheme
Documents applying to Jersey policyholders
- Jersey representations and Jersey Scheme - full details of the proposed transfer to Rothesay Life for Jersey policyholders
Documents applying to Guernsey policyholders
- Guernsey Scheme - full details of the proposed transfer for Guernsey policyholders transferring to Rothesay Life
- If your annuity is moving to Rothesay Life Plc
- If your annuity is moving to Rothesay Life and you’re a Guernsey resident
- If your annuity is moving to Rothesay Life and you’re a Jersey resident
The Chief Actuary of Rothesay Life plc has also written their own report on the effects of the transfer. Their report can be read on the Rothesay website.
Please note that Aegon take no responsibility for the content of external sites.