Aegon employees recognised for completing SCQF credited induction programme
- Over the last three years Aegon has been working alongside the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework Partnership (SCQFP) and Edinburgh Napier University on the credit rating of the ‘AEGON certificate of Professional Practice in Platform Operations’.
- SCQF credit rating is the formal process undertaken for qualifications and learning programmes to be included on the SCQF – Scotland’s lifelong learning framework.
- The programme has been successfully credit rated at level 8 on the SCQF framework. This is at the same level as HND qualifications, giving an indication to the level of difficulty and effort required by our operational staff in achieving it.
- Aegon is one of the first financial service companies to have an induction course credit rated.
- The training programme is delivered to all new employees working in Aegon’s Digital Solutions Platform Centre in partnership with financial services union Aegis with support from Scottish Union Learning.
On Thursday 25th July, Aegon employees were recognised for completing the Digital Solution Platform Induction Programme and received the Aegon certificate of Professional Practice in Platform Operations. The event was attended by representatives from Aegis the Union and the SCQF Partnership.
The induction programme, run in partnership with financial services union Aegis with support from Scottish Union Learning, is delivered to all new employees working in Aegon’s Digital Solutions Platform Centre. The programme is designed to teach employees about the wider pensions market as well as Aegon’s propositions and also provide training in the key competencies needed for their specific job role in platform operations.
After a number of years working closely alongside the SCQF Partnership and Edinburgh Napier University, the course has been successfully credit rated at level 8 on the SCQF framework. This means all employees undertaking the course have the opportunity to gain this qualification.
It is one of the first times a financial services company has had its induction course recognised on the SCQF.
Commenting on the event Gill Scott, HR Director at Aegon, said:
“It is important to recognise the achievement of employees starting out at Aegon as they gather skills and knowledge during their induction programme and events like this are a great way of showcasing this.
“We have been working hard to develop the programme and are delighted to be amongst the first financial service companies to have its induction course formally recognised on the Scottish Credit and Qualification Framework.
Aileen Ponton, Chief Executive of the SCQF Partnership commented:
“We were really pleased to be able to work with Aegon on the recognition of their Platform Induction programme and their commitment to this shows how much they value recognition of learning for their staff and embrace the SCQF. We see this as the beginning of a close working relationship. Our thanks also go to colleagues from Aegis and Scottish Union Learn for their support with the project.”
Brian Linn, General Secretary at Aegis the Union, comments:
“Aegis Union Learning are proud to have helped Aegon’s training programme receive national recognition. We are delighted that so many of our members are benefitting from having their level of knowledge, skills and understanding formally endorsed. This is a wonderful example of how trade unions and employers can work together.”
Notes to Editors
- In the UK, Aegon offers retirement, workplace savings and protection solutions to well over three million customers and employs approximately 3,450 staff. More information: aegon.co.uk
- As an international life insurance, pensions and asset management group based in The Hague, Aegon has businesses in over twenty five markets in the Americas, Europe and Asia. Aegon companies employ over 28,000 people and have millions of customers across the globe. Further information: aegon.com
*Figures correct as of January 2019