How we’re preparing for the impact of coronavirus
We’re all increasingly aware of the impact the coronavirus is having on both our personal and business lives across the UK.
In these challenging times, we remain focussed on providing you with the service and support you need – through what will undoubtedly be a challenging period for us all. We want to thank you for your continuing loyalty, as well as to reassure you of the steps that we’re taking as a company to prepare.
Aegon is a global, well-capitalised insurance business
This makes us well placed to weather the uncertainty ahead. We plan to use our scale and resources to support all our customers, no matter what product you hold or how you do business with us.
Our critical priority is to maintain the core services that we deliver. And we’re doing everything we can to uphold these services in the coming weeks – with plans in place to use our multiple UK business sites and make greater use of home working.
As well as this, we’re also taking the following steps:
- Regular communications: We’ll communicate regularly via all our current channels – including specific coronavirus updates.
- Service support: On our website you’ll find an update on our current service position.
- Relationship support and client materials: If you’re an employer or intermediary, our relationship management teams will continue to be available to support you in whatever way they can, in particular liaising with our operational teams at all times. We’ve also created a range of materials to use with your clients and employees, such as responses to frequently asked questions – plus more.
The next few days
We want to make you aware that wait times to speak to us on the phone might be a little longer than normal – as we’re experiencing a higher than usual level of calls and working through a number of existing online queries.
To make sure you get the help you need, we’re prioritising requests based on urgency while working hard to minimise any potential impact for those of you trying to get in touch.
The best way to contact us
If your query isn’t urgent, we recommend that you get in touch online. This helps us prioritise the requests that come in so we can respond to the most urgent first. Please follow the link relevant to you to see contact information:
- Aegon Platform customers.
- Aegon Platform intermediaries.
- All other products (including Aegon Retirement Choices, Aegon One Retirement and TargetPlan).
The next few months will clearly be challenging for all of us but, rest assured, here at Aegon we’ll do everything we can to support you through this period and maintain as near to business as usual service as possible.