Wealth Management Portfolio
For financial advisers only
Our Wealth Management Portfolio (WMP) product is fully closing on 3 April 2018. We will continue to issue WMP additional investment illustrations until 3 April 2018. Additional investment applications received by us with a valid illustration will continue to be processed until 3 April 2018.
This applies to all WMP bonds, including WMP on the Aegon Retirement Choices platform. For more information, please contact your financial adviser.
Our Wealth Management Portfolio offers your clients a virtually tax-free way to grow an investment. It also gives your clients control over when they access their money, how much tax they pay and when. And, if your client has Aegon Retirement Choices, they can invest in Wealth Management Portfolio through it too.
- A wide range of assets for a truly flexible investment strategy.
- Virtually tax-free growth.
- Tax deferral means ability to control the timing and amount of any future tax liability.
- Clients can switch between assets without triggering capital gains tax liability.
- Access to money (take up to 5% in withdrawals yearly with no immediate tax liability – based on original premium and up to 20 years).
- European portability option – ideal if your client is considering moving to France, Italy or Spain and looking to continue to benefit from a tax-efficient product, with effective income tax deferral.
The value of an investment can fall as well as rise for a number of reasons, for example market and currency movements. Your client may get back less than originally invested.
We have a wide choice of funds with enormous flexibility. This range means your clients can meet their short and long-term investment objectives tax efficiently – in line with the risk level they're comfortable with Read more about the wide range of assets available in our wealth management portfolio
One of the key benefits of investing in our Wealth Management Portfolio is the wide range of assets you can choose from to help grow your client’s lump sum. These can include:
- Approved UK Investment Trusts
- Authorised UK Unit Trusts
- Open-ended Investment Companies (OEICs)
- Certain non-UK Collective Investment Schemes, acceptable under the UK. personal portfolio bond tax rules
- Cash deposits and structured deposits.
Placing it in trust
We have a range of trust options to help your clients reduce or mitigate inheritance tax bills, ensuring their money goes where it’s intended after their death or during their lifetime. Using a bond in the appropriate trust can generate an immediate reduction in your client’s potential IHT liability Read more about Aegon's trust options
Trusts generally don't allow access to the money in them, however to help with inheritance tax planning our wide range includes trusts with some of the following features:
- Access to original capital through fixed payments from the trust
- Access to their original capital for life
- Ad hoc access to their original capital as required.
All references to taxation are based on our understanding of current taxation law and practice in the United Kingdom and Ireland, which may change. Trusts are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
This product is provided by Aegon Ireland plc in Dublin.