For financial advisers only.
People's needs differ, that’s why our platform solution lets employees tailor their retirement savings to suit their personal needs. And your employer clients can achieve this by only having to manage one scheme, all from one provider.
Our platform Aegon Retirement Choices (ARC) gives access to a variety of product wrappers that go beyond just pensions. With a myriad of choices for everyone, the flexibility of ARC includes Self-Invested Personal Pensions (SIPPs), Individual Savings Accounts (ISAs), and General Investment Accounts, (GIAs) - perfect for those that may want to save for more immediate goals or who have maxed out on their tax allowances.
- Your employees can progress from saving to taking a retirement income in the same account, making it easier to access their retirement savings.
- Access to over 4,800 investment options catering for different savings needs, whether an employee is building their savings pot or approaching retirement.
Find out about ARC’s retirement income options.
- A tax-efficient way to save up to £20,000* (tax year 2017/18) – our stocks and shares ISA is free of capital gains tax and income tax.
- Employees can make single or regular withdrawals at any time meaning they can save for one-off needs, supplement ongoing income, or combine with a SIPP to save for retirement.
- Employers can collect contributions from payroll and pay them as part of their payroll upload or employees can pay contributions direct to us setting it up through online self-service.
The flexible ISA subscription rules introduced on 6 April 2016 don't apply to this ISA. This means withdrawals from this ISA can’t be replaced without them counting against the annual subscription limit.
- If an employee has already maximised their tax-efficient savings allowances, or wants access to investments that might not be available through a SIPP or ISA, they might want to invest in our GIA.
- The GIA is our non-tax wrapped account which your employees can use to invest in a broad range of assets with no upper limit on the amount they can invest.
- GIA can also be used to access the Canada Life International bond managed by Canada Life. Assets will be held in the Canada Life International bond which can invest in funds that won't automatically deduct tax.
- The GIA can also be used by charities, trustees and limited companies, although not all gains are tax free.
This is based on our understanding of the current legislation, taxation law and practice in the UK, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland which may change.
The value of an investment and any income from it can fall as well as rise and isn’t guaranteed. Your client may get back less than the amount they originally invested.