For intermediaries only11 March 2019
Aegon Retirement Choices (ARC) product wrappers give your clients lots of ways to save for their future and plan for important life events.
Our self-invested personal pension (SIPP), individual savings account (ISA) and general investment account (GIA), can let them diversify their portfolio and bring their savings together, with our SIPP and ISA allowing them to maximise their savings in a tax-efficient way.
Each product wrapper has its own integrated cash facility which makes it easier for you and your clients to keep track of incoming and outgoing investments, and credits and debits related to that specific wrapper.
Your clients can move other savings onto ARC too. This lets them see their whole portfolio in one place, and they could benefit from lower charges. Take a look at our consolidation toolkit to find out how we can simplify the consolidation process for you and your clients.
- Your clients can progress from saving to taking a retirement income in the same account, making it easier to access their retirement savings.
- Access to around 4,500 investment options (at March, 2019) catering for different savings needs, whether a client is building their savings pot or approaching retirement.
Find out about ARC’s retirement income options.
- A tax-efficient way to save up to £20,0001 (tax years 2018/19 and 2019/20) – our stocks and shares ISA is free of capital gains tax and income tax.
- Clients can make single or regular withdrawals at any time meaning they can save for one-off needs, supplement ongoing income, or combine with a SIPP to save for retirement.
- Clients can choose from a wide range of investment options.
1The flexible ISA subscription rules introduced on 6 April 2016 don't apply to this ISA. This means withdrawals from this ISA can’t be replaced without them counting against the annual subscription limit.
- If a client has already maximised their tax-efficient savings allowances, or wants access to investments that might not be available through a SIPP or ISA, they might want to invest in our GIA.
- The GIA is our non-tax wrapped account which your clients can use to invest in a broad range of assets with no upper limit on the amount they can invest.
- The GIA can be used to access an international bond managed by Canada Life International (CLI). Assets will be held in the Canada Life International bond which can invest in funds that won't automatically deduct tax.
- The GIA can also be used by charities, trustees and limited companies.
The value of an investment in any of the products mentioned can fall as well as rise and isn’t guaranteed. Your clients may get back less than is invested. Your clients should be comfortable with the investment choices they make as they may lose features, protections, guarantees or other benefits if they transfer other savings onto ARC.
The value of any tax benefits described are subject to individual clients circumstances - which may change.
You should consult with a professional tax consultant on any tax issues you're not sure about.