Protection for you and your family
Personal Protection is designed to give you and your family financial help in a range of circumstances, including death, terminal or critical illness, permanent disability or loss of earnings if you’re unable to work.
It can also help meet your mortgage commitments in a wide range of circumstances. The policy can be used with an interest-only mortgage, such as an endowment or ISA mortgage, or a capital and interest repayment mortgage.
- critical illness
- life cover
- income protection
- flexible additional options
Personal Protection may be suitable if...
- You want to make sure you have financial help for you and your family (including meeting any mortgage commitments) in a range of circumstances, including death, terminal or critical illness, permanent disability or loss of earnings if you're unable to work
- You want to choose the type of protection and level of cover you want
- You want to cover one or two people
- You want to use it with an interest-only mortgage, such as an endowment or ISA mortgage, or a capital and interest repayment mortgage
- You want to choose the level of cover you want which will pay off the original mortgage amount or just the outstanding portion
- You want a policy which is also flexible enough that you can change your level of cover when your mortgage changes (if, for example, you buy a new house, extend your present home or pay a lump sum to reduce your mortgage)
See more about how our Personal Protection options could help you.
Personal Protection may not be suitable if...
- You want protection with no end date
- You want to be able to cash-in the policy at any time
- You want to protect your business
- You want an investment-linked element within the term that pays out at the end of the term
So you can make the right decision about what's right for your needs, it's a good idea to talk to your financial adviser.
If you don't already have one, you can use our 'Find an IFA service' to search for an adviser near you.
Find an adviser